28 January 2008

Free! Free to go...completely hippy, looks like...

There are many things I want to do, now that I'm on the other side of school days. Some of these things are sort of pipe dreams, and some are pretty mundane, but the ones that I really want to do well with are awfully granola.

Thing the first: I want to knit. Clothing. I want to knit pretty shirts and delightful baby sweaters and awesome socks, and I want to bestow them on people who will fall over from all the amazingness.

Thing the second: Have my own vegetable garden. This is my year, folks! Home-grown, delicious, decadent tomatoes, can you just imagine? Amber and I are in serious talks about this, and my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I'm fully aware of the amount of work a garden takes, and this just adds fuel to my desire.

Thing the third: I want to make bread from scratch. And be amazing at it. Not bread-maker bread - the real deal. Dough that needs kneading. Giving things time to rise. The smell, the wonderful smell of baking bread...I think it's sort of a lost art form, and I'd love to be able to do it.

And with that list, I realize that what I really want to do is never sleep, never go to work, and just play with my hands all day. Oh, and I want fresh produce...but who doesn't?

3 comments:

cls said...

Hmmm...perhaps you should bail OKC and move to Lancaster, Pennsylvania. You could wear a bobbin and live among the Amish...they do lots of the sort of things you mentioned.

All kidding aside, I think those are good goals. And you are hilarious, my friend. I'm glad I met you.

Tonya said...

You know what? I want to do all three of those things too!!!! I once knitted a baby blanket! I do make bread, but I want to learn to make different kinds! Let's open a bakery where we make just amazing breads!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ol' COMpliMENT. :) See what I did there?

PS. These ideas sound pretty great. Just get Amber to love you living with her that she actually pays you not to leave. That way, you don't have to work...